Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Backyard Escapades Part II

Yesterday, Petey and Hailey had another play in our backyard. This time, though, I nearly had a heart attack- twice. The puppies were really hyper for some reason and they were tearing around the yard faster than usual.

Now some of you may remember when the two puppymonsters dug a hole under the fence that separates my house and Hailey's people's house (That's why I keep him on his Flexi in the backyard- in case he escapes under the hole and to the busy road through their backyard). Well Petey was running around really quickly, when he all of a sudden careened towards the laundry pole in the middle of the yard, scraped his leash against it, and his COLLAR SNAPPED OFF. So there I was frantically running after him, and thank god he was good for once and stayed still for me to catch him and snap his collar back on.

Okay, so they started running around again. Less than a minute, later, the same thing happens! This time, not so co-operative. I have to hang onto him by the scruff of his neck while my friend had to put his collar on. This time I wasn't taking any chances....I locked the Flexi with about 6 inches of slack so I could control where he went.

The good news though, is that he had a great time playing with Hailey and he was very gentle to the year-old baby next door who was petting him.

p.s. This still totally is not a Lost blog, but Jenny! Karla! Amy! Karla's sister from Alaska! Was last night's episode not REALLY REALLY GOOD?? I still can't believe Libby died, I thought she would live! And i felt so bad for Hurley, now who's going to go out with him? (I heard that 'Libby' probably quit/written off because she signed on with another show)
And also, who screamed *out loud* at least three times? Umm...that would be me. It was totally freaky when (1) Ana Lucia's ghost appeared and started bleeding, (2) When the ghost of that priest appeared and (3) when Libby waws supposedly dead and then spat up a fountain of blood. I was so scared to sleep last night, I kept thinking about Ana Lucia's ghost appearing. AHH!
Can't wait til next week's episode!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh,you crated the beast so he couldn't get away on ya again eh? LOL! Sounds like he needs a better collar Nat. You should look into it.

Hugs to yas both,
Crystal & Nelson

5:11 a.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

EEEK! LOST! I KNOW!

I'm sad about Libby...I wish we'd been able to see a flashback episode about her, and more about why she was in the crazy-house with Hurley. =^( Oh, well.

But I gotta say, I'm glad Ana Lucia's outta there. I wanted to smack her EVERY week.

We are going to have one long summer after the season finale, eh? HOW WILL WE LIVE!!!!

3:28 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Ih that Oetey:)

3:24 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

WOW I cannot type today!!!


I meant to write "OH THAT PETEY!" lol

3:25 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home