Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Passouts and Revivals


Today we had a very full day filled with fun puppy-friendly activities! Petey passed out and revived many times, I swear he has a neverending battery inside him.

9:20 - We left the house for Oakville to the Lions Foundation's Spring Open House. Poor baby threw up twice right before we got to the school. He's never done taht before, but I just put it down to the long car ride-it was bumpier than usual today, even I felt it a little.

10:20-1:40- Play Play Play!!! This is what I imagine must have been going throught Petey's mind: "PUPPIES! HUMANS! Lots of FRIENDS!!! Must play with EVERYONE! Look! There's Lynn! There's Dee! There's Missy! There's Sam! There's Amy!Puppies!!! Fortune! Polaris! Charlotte! Blossom! CALVIN!! Hey look! Amy just arrived! Must.Attack.Echo!! Hang on! There's Corbin! And Dallas! Didn't I meet them at Sportsmen Show? I did! Let's play! PLAY!!!!!!"
Generally, he behaved pretty well but chose to behave badly around his puppy supervisor-terrific. He gave his girlfriend Blossom lots of kisses, and he moved in on Polaris's girlfriend Fortune and stole her too. We also had a nice surprise- Remember Penny? She was Petey's first girlfriend and she was there too so he kissed her as well. He also made out with Echo, a fellow male, but that's a hole other story.

1:40-2:30-Pass out! Sleep puppy on the way back to Toronto

3-4:30- Revival!! Guess who played with three labs and two golden retrievers at PetsMart? He behaved nicely in Chapters, though I think it was his new treats just purchased from PetsMart and his tiredness that did it. (Side note: The owner of one of the golden retrievers noted how calm Petey was for a Jack Russell. I replied "That's what happens after he plays with all his big lab friends for 3 hours" To which he replied "Ohhhh" which I took to mean "Well that makes more sense")

4:30-5- Pass out! Sleeping puppy on the way to Fairview Mall.

5:10-5:40- Revival!! Time to stroll through the mall as voices ring out behind us. "A Future Dogguide!" "Look Mommy/______(fill in name)! Look at the puppyyy!" Even the cashier at Cole's commented on how cute he was- I practically exploded with pride at my well behaved(for once!!) puppy.

After that, my family went out to dinner so we left him in his crate for a bit with a stuffed Kong. When we came back, my sister presented him with the bandanna she bought for him today at the Crafts Show she went to. (Guess she's good for some things) The story is, the bandanna was going for $8, but when the lady asked her what dog it was for, she told her about him being a foster puppy so she reduced the price to TWO dollars!!! Thank you kind lady at Crafts Show! :D

Here is a pic to end this very long post (Yeah I know what you're all thinking: "Thank God it's over now...God that Natalie can ramble on forever"):

Chewing on his new Nylabone wearing his new bandanna

4 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Oh, don't worry. We love your rambling.

Sam, Calvin, and Patience

9:43 a.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

lol.. ya.. same!

I'm happy Petey was sooo good.

Now you just need to work on doing that all the time, Petey! *grin*

11:39 a.m.

 
Blogger L^2 said...

Wow, it sounds like Petey had a very exiting and fun day!
And don't worry about rambling, I do it too - that's what blogs are for, right? :-)

1:35 p.m.

 
Blogger The Dog Blog said...

I like long posts...

7:58 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home