Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pickering Puppy Party

Today we had a VERY fun day! Petey and I went to Pickering Town Centre to have some fun with other foster puppies and also to do some mall work. Missy with Blossom and Chester drove us down along with Dee and Fortune. At the mall we met Lynn with Eden and Naveed (breeding program), Amy and Echo, Joanne and Easton, Amy and Polaris (now called Larry much to the annoyance of Amy who prefers Poley), Wendy, and two actual working dogs, both of whom were CVC's: Paula with Lincoln and Jim with Olsen.





Fortune, a gorgeous golden/lab cross ; Blossom giving Petey a kiss
Once there we made a quick stop at Timmy's for a bit of food and then we were off to walk around the mall. The puppies conquered open stairs(both up and down), the escalators, elevators, little fountain thingies and fire escape stairs. The open stairs and fire escape and elevator were new to Petey, and he did pretty well, if i do say so myself (which I do ;) ) He used to be scared of escalators, but he did much better today, i think because he didn't want to be left behind.

I've been toying with the idea of putting my picture up on the blog. I haven't before because I was a little uncomfortable with the idea, but I have to now because I've got the cutest picture :D


Left pic:Me and Petey! :D Right pic:AmyG, Petey and Me
After walking around the mall from 12-4, both puppies and humans were tired, so we ended up chatting for about 40 minutes sitting on the floor/bench. The only ones still moving were Petey and Polaris, the youngest and smallest ones. Go figure!
Here are a couple of my favourite pictures:





















First row (L-R): Gorgeous Eden posing for the camera; Nav, Chester and Easton in a pile

Second row(L-R): Echo who licked my ice cream; Blossom passed out while AmyB and I ate our subs

Third Row(L-R): AmyG and Echo, Me and Petey, AmyB and Poley; Petey on Blossom

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, it took about an hour to get them right and shot my blood pressure right off the charts...but don't worry, I still love you all....or maybe just some of you...

Just kidding! I do love all of you! :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Sounds like a great day, we're very sorry we missed it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sam, Calvin, and Patience

6:37 p.m.

 
Blogger The Dog Blog said...

The pictures are wonderful, thank -you for posting them! I love hearing about puppy raising adventures because I miss it so much-although I'm learning to manage.

11:35 a.m.

 
Blogger M-Fax said...

how is it going? Bosco says hi, site looks good.......

have a great day

7:31 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad you spoke up, and now I can read you too!

Looks like a fantastic job you have, and obviously way meaningful. Hanging out at the mall with the dogs that are cool enough to be ALLOWED at the mall? sounds fun! (oops. y'all were training - not hanging out. hard work. oops sorry you know what i meant. right?)

2:17 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home