Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Groundhog Day!!

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Being Canadian, and Ontarian ;), the closest groundhog to me is Wiarton Willie! The adorable little white groundhog did not see his shadow today, which means spring's here! Well, Toronto's basically been having spring-like weather since December, but whatever. Looks like he'll finally be right this year!- according to my english teacher, he hasn't been right since 1997! But that's ok- I believe in the little guy :D

In other news, today i did my first dissection in biology! A sheep's heart- i thought it would be all red and squishy but it was actually gray(I cannot ever remember if the Canadian speeling is gray or grey) and not squishy at all. Being an animal lover and all, I initially thought i wouldn't be able to handle it, but decided I'd be better off having had at least an experience with it. In the end, it was worth it-it was actually kinda cool seeing all the valves, arteries, etc., but i definitely would not want to be doing that all day. The funniest part was definitely when i stuck my finger in the pulmonary artery to see what was in there and our VP who stopped by to visit, saw me, and while laughing, said, "Hey!! You got a heart on your finger!" :D Ok so it wasn't that funny, but please, it was BIOLOGY class-that's about as funny as it gets.

And now, to stick with the whole puppy theme of this blog, here is a picture of Petey behaving for two seconds before he turns into a Jack Russell Terror again. (just kidding-he is improving a lot, though i still wish all his teeth would fall out right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home