Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Introducing....Petey!!**

**Yes yes, i know-for those of you on the forum, it is copying, but since i am copying myself it doesn't count! For those of you who aren't on the forum, check out the Dogs That Guide Forum, it's really awesome, 'cause me, Sam, AmyB, AmyG, Lisa, and David are on it! ;) Just kidding! But in case you are interested, the link is on my sidebar, which is at the bottom of the page, i don't know why (oh and also i linked it from here, for those of you who want to save your fingers from having to scroll down the page).

Anyways-on to the interesting part- INTRODUCINGGGGG (*drumroll please) PETEY!!!!!!!

I picked up Petey today, and despite some freaky things happening (such as engine trouble on the highway), we made it all in one piece-me, my mom, my dad and my best friend Charmayne.
When we got to the front desk, two very cute doggies came out to greet us- a yelow lab named Abby and a golden retriever SSD (Special Skills Program) named Halle. There was also a cocker spaniel named Maddy that came out later.

After we had met with the puppy program, and signed and read everything, we received Petey(who is cute beyond words-i swear, photos do not do him justice on his size)! We got his crate, food, and jacket, and then we were off to home! Char hung out with us for a while, and then her mom picked her up, fearing she would never leave on her own.

I have since learned that Petey is nippy beyond belief, and if he wants to bite something and hang onto it he will, be it clothes, toes, or fingers. But he is very smart and is already grasping at the concepts of sit and leave it. Overall, a pretty good first night, and pictures to come tomorrow! (Also a visit from a surprise guest-who could it be!)

Nat and Petey :D

*On a side note, i also got my G1 license today, so again, those of you living in Canada- you might wanna avoid Toronto for the next year or so :D

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Nat!!!!

7:22 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Nat glad he is keeping you busy. JRT's can definitely jump, I think they are part feline. Little Petey is just excited to be in a home and out of the kennel he'll settle down .... give him a few months anyway. Just teasing, my little Sonic isn't half as busy as Neptune and Sonic settles down nicely when it's time for a snuggle.

Let me know when you want to get together for an outing .... us and of course that lone little poodle.

8:01 a.m.

 
Blogger L^2 said...

Congratulations Nat, and good luck to you & Petey!!! :-)

11:19 a.m.

 
Blogger *~Amy~* said...

Congatulations again on Petey!!! I have officially invited myself on the puppy trip with Lynn and Sam so also on that list will be a lone little yellow lab, and possibly a lone little beagle/springer spanial cross. Good luck with him Nat! I know you will be an awesome foster mom.

Buhbye, Amy and Winter

9:54 a.m.

 
Blogger The Dog Blog said...

yippie!!

6:15 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home