Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Still Alive!

I hate that my blog has gotten so boring, but life without puppies just isn't as interesting. The same stuff is still going on....my life basically consists of eating, sleeping, classes, homeworking, and hanging out with friends. It's fun in real life but boring to blog about.
But! Yesterday a few of us went to the Superstore and I printed out pictures and today I redecorated my room, so here are a few pics: The front/entrance of my room...pretty boring yes? Excuse the mess of towels/cloths everywhere and the hairdryer on the floor and the mess that is the sink area. Wow....my desk looks like a tornado hit it. Go me. The picture of Petey there is pretty cute though I must say. And the picture sticking up in the corner is my favourite one where I'm snuggling with Fielder :)

The Imaginus poster sale came to Dal which is where I got my three very awesome posters. One if of course, the requisite lineup up lab puppies. The second is the one of the dog above my bed. The quote underneath it says

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure...Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" - Helen Keller

One of my favourite quotes, so I was happy to find that poster. The third one is the Procrastinator's Creed which cracked me up so I had to get it.

The Procrastinator's Creed:

1.) I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.

2.)I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

3.)I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.

4.)I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportionto the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.

5.)I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.

6.)I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

7.)I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infitesmally small, is not exactly zero.

8.)If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.

9.)I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I change my mind.

10.) I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.

11.) I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.

12.) I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/wait/plan.

13.) I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.

14.) I will become a memeber of the Ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's society) if they ever get it organized.

And lastly, I will leave you with a little gem I overheard in my hallway today:

"I don't want to be a doctor anymore. I just want to sleep in til 12:30 on a weekday. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?????"

Amen to that.

5 Comments:

Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

Pretty sure I need one of those 'Procrastinator's Creed' posters. Mail me one yes?

P.S. Today some kid said "delish"

5:09 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

That poster = hilarious. And I totally agree on most of them. :)

5:44 p.m.

 
Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Love the poster. Nice to hear a little update...just so we know you're still alive.

5:22 p.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

I love that we bought the exact same poster. (Lab puppies, although I do like the other two as well).

Mine is at home, but I need to bring it back up here - my wall is too white.

Thanks for the pictures, I like to be able to picture where you are now.

And as always thanks for the post - the procrastination list was especially appropriate as I am procrastinating writing Junie's recall letter, although time is getting short. :(

The first letters of my word verification are SMA!

12:59 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Very nice room, Nat. I can't wait to see it ;) ahaha

23 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

5:04 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home