Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Off to University

This is the last post I'll be writing from my room for a while. Tomorrow morning, I am off to Halifax, Nova Scotia (almost halfway across the country!!) to start my career as a university student. I will be studying english and journalism at Dalhousie University.

My foster puppy plans are up in the air for now- of course I will continue to track Fielder's progress and see where he ends up. I'll also be getting him back at Christmas for our school's Home for Christmas program, providing he is still in training at the time. (PLEASE still be in training Fielder!!) As for foster puppy number three.... that depends a lot on if I move out of res second year, since they don't allow animals in residence. If the foundation and the university lets me, perhaps I will take a puppy with me to school. If not, I could start one when I get back in April and then in September, transfer him/her to either Amy G or Sam.

As for this blog, I'm definitely keeping it. I find that I like writing here more than journalling, so I'll be documenting my university life here in addition to all the puppy stuff. Hopefully you'll stick around and won't find it too boring-the first few weeks will probably be wailing away about homesickness since I won't be home for about four months.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited but I think in all honesty, more of me is kind of terrified of leaving home for so long, and not knowing anyone over there. Sometimes I wish I'd chosen a closer university so that I could still be away from home but be able to come back on weekends if I wanted to. But in the words of my favourite song ever, "Too late for second chances/Too late to go back to sleep/ It's time to trust my instincts/Close my eyes....and leap/It's time to try defying gravity"

Thank you all so much for joining me throughout my puppy raising adventures...I hope you'll all keep reading or stay in touch....sooner or later I WILL have my own puppy again :)

And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who ground me
Take a message back from me...

Tell them how I'm defying gravity
I'm flying high defying gravity
And nobody in all of Oz
No wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring meeeeee downnnnnnn

Not that I expect a wizard from Oz to bring me down, but I love Wicked too much to not quote from it at some point in my blog. Anyways, peace out homies, and see ya in a few days- next time I write to you I will be in my new home in Nova Scotia!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

YAY NAT!!!

Good luck at uni!!! And don't worry, you'll make new friends! Plus me and Amy will be up there partyin' wit cha before you know it!!!

=D HAVE FUN!!!!!!

We love you!!! <3 =D

8:50 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

P.S. ... where's the picture of me? =(

ahaha <3

8:51 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

BRING MEEEEE DOOOWWWWN!!! (I hope you're happy!!!) Bring meeee doooooowwwwn... ahhhhhhaahh!!! Haha, yay!!! I go see that tomorrow!!!!! :-D

Why do you leave me for college? Laaame-o. At least you stil have MSN! Yay. :)

10:40 a.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

Hooray for Nat!!!! I'm so excited that both you and Joanna have gone on to bigger and better things this year, starting your college lives like the brilliant and capable young women you are.

Homesickness won't last long, and you'll be busy (work-wise and socially) before you know it. Best of luck to you; I can't wait to read about your university adventures!

Meanwhile, don't forget that if you need some happy puppy time, you can ALWAYS come visit California again during your summer break. :)

6:36 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

Good Luck Natalie!! I hope you have fun, and aren't too homesick!

4:49 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Good luck Natalie!!! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

5:48 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home