Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Whole Bunch of Randoms

Again, I am postponing the university post because I want to make that a post all on its own- sorry for the wait! I actually meant to post it in June after I graduated but this summer has been busier than usual what with everyone desperate to see each other before we all go our separate ways.

I am currently babysitting Shammy (13 yr old toy poodle) and Emmett (3 month old apricot standard poodle foster puppy). I've not been without a dog since Fielder left, but still I miss my little poodley man so much. He had his xrays done on his birthday (12 days ago), so we are anticipating a call soon. Fingers crossed everything is okay!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a little more concerned than I was with Petey just because he was such a froglegged puppy;he never lost the habit even when he was older. Everyone says this means good hips, and I believed that until a month ago when one of our friends' pup got cc'ed for grade one hipD and she was very froglegged too.

Emmett is an adorable puppy, but after babysitting constantly to keep myself occupied after Fielder's recall, I have called him:
Curly
Shammy
Fielder
Cliff
Chandler (?!)
Arghhhh whatever your name is come here right now!!!
And sometimes I even manage to call him Emmett.

Emmett is a huge cuddlebug, and his favourite thing to do is barrel up to you until his head hits you, drop into your lap and smush in as much as he can. I love this puppy :)

Fugly picture of me, but Emmett looks adorbs, yes? Plus the book beside me is one of my favourite books ever. It's called "Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self Indulgent, Surly Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why It Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?" It is absolutely hilarious and it's Jen Lancaster's second book, and I lurve the both of them. And Jen. And her blog http://www.jennsylvania.com/ Good stuff.

Anyways, back to Emmett. We've been out every day since I got him, and he's been very good for a 3 month old. He protected us from a random rapey man who was looking for emails; he had "come from Germany looking to fall in love" and was apparently trolling malls in order to find underage girls. At dinner, he fell asleep under the table. (Emmett not the creepy man)


He also LOVES Shammy's bed and his toy bunny.That is all for now folks! Tomorrow we are off to return Shammy back to his owner and drop by Dee's to see her new puppy West, grandson of our favourite Samantha Hobbes. Peace out homefries!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

aww, he does look sorta like Chandler!!! I like how you called him that. :)

9:13 a.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Yay!! So am I dropping by too? and how many dogs shall I bring?

9:17 a.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

GUYS! I wonna come!!!!!!!!!
I feel so left out =( lol


He's so Cute Nat!! I can't wait to vistit him tomorrow!

1:59 p.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

Muppets, muppets, they're all MUPPETS!!!

10:34 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home