Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

In Love With Dallas

After having babysat Curly (R) for almost a month, and Shammy(L) for a week,
babysitting Dallas the Landseer Newfie here was QUITE the change.


Dallas at 8 WEEKS- the exact same size as 7 MONTH old Fielder

Last night, I went over to my friends' Kimmy and Carolyn's house to babysit their 7 month , 70 pound "PUPPY" for a few hours while everyone was out. I am so in love with this dog it's not even funny. He is the sweetest, funniest, goofy dog ever. He's just like Beethovan minus the breed difference and need to save people.

Thankfully he is well trained and responded to our little obedience session really well, or else walking him would have been umm....interesting to say the least. He was a bit pully in the beginning but with a few corrections and making him sit and wait along the way, he was heeling like a pro not too long into the walk. Did I mention I love this dog?

I was trying to compare our sizes in this picture above, but he looks smaller in pictures than he does in real life. And I guess you can't really photograph his huge personality and prescence. But I thought this shot showed it a little better: His toy is bigger than Fielder was at 12 weeks, and you can see his long body stretched out behind him.

This is my favourite picture of the night cause he's such a comfy pillow and I love his huge head!*sigh* If only we could foster one of these bad boys! Guide dogs for basketball players, yes?

Lastly, we would like to wish Sam the best of luck as she heads off to Nova Scotia to see yet another awesome Dallas and her grandbabies!! We'll miss you and the nightly chats, but have fun, take tons of pictures and STEAL A PUPPY FOR ME!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

So, i'm in love with that dog. Steal him, come to CA. No one will ever know.

P.S. When I saw the first puppy pic you posted of him, I thought "Beethoven!" even though I knew it was a different breed. But he might be even cuter.

12:38 a.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

Guide dog? You mean guide HORSE, maybe...for a blind cowboy? :) He looks like a big ol' squishy lovebug!!

8:44 a.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Aw.. he's sooo cute =) I wonna look after him!!

8:16 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

He is so cute!! I want to snuggle him!! So.. fluffy!

7:36 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home