Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Goodbye Fielder

Today Fielder went back to school. Lynn picked us up early in the morning, and Fielder got to go back with his best friend Whim and his sister Fawn. We got there a whole hour earlier than planned, so since the other puppy staff were busy, Sam, who came for moral support (thanks Sam! <3) got the paperwork all ready for us.

Then the dreaded "okay whenever you are ready...." As I bent over to take off his jacket for the last time, I started absolutely bawling. Which was tres embarassing in front of Sam, Lynn, Dee and a bunch of random trainers. After using Fielder as a kleenex a few times, I let him out into the courtyard to play with Whimmer. There was a big window in which you could see into the courtyard, so I went to stand by it to watch my baby play a bit before I left. Wouldn't you know it, two seconds after he ran in, he did a bigggggg poo. Which, obviously I told Sam was her responsibility to pick up, since he wasn't technically 'mine' anymore ;)

But then he came over to the window and started jumping up and down (cause he's too short to see over it otherwise) and crying and looking at me and then I lost it all over again. And then we left shortly after cause I didn't want to stress him out, but it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, leaving when I knew he wanted to be with me. Looking back, it was a lot easier to leave Petey cause he was all absorbed in chewing on his bone and didn't even notice.
Anyways, Fieldy- you are my very best mini poodle and I miss you tons already. But I know you will have lots of fun being kenneled with your buddy Whim and seeing your favourite sisters Fawn and Fairy everyday. I would say make me proud, but I already know you will no matter where you end up. You've been the perfect puppy for me this past year, and I love you so much. Good luck little buddy, we're rooting for you!!

12 Comments:

Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

AWWW! They grow up too fast! Farewell and good luck Fielder. We are all rooting for you!
~MeKalea and Glacier

9:23 a.m.

 
Blogger L^2 said...

Awww... Nat! Hugs to you and good luck to Fielder.

-Laura, Willow, & Stella

11:15 a.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

You totally made me cry at work just now.

(Except for the part about the giant poo, which was brilliantly funny. Who puts the "poo" in "poodle"???? Little Fieldypoo.)

Congratulations and GREAT job, Natalie, on getting him this far. You've been a terrific raiser and provided the best foster home for him!!! I know he'll do well, because he's Fielder. :) Can't wait to hear updates....

Hugs & puppy kisses from Jenny & Truman!!

12:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily and the Labradors said...

Oh Fielder! You did a great job Natalie! His attachment to you (and people in general) is one of the qualities that is going to make him an excellent service dog! Congratulations on getting him to this next important step. He is going to do great... Keep us updated!!!

12:57 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

Good luck Fielder!! You did a great job with him!!

1:33 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Awwww, Good Luck Fielder! You'll be such a great guide! Congrats on moving on to the next step in your bright career!

Keep us updated Natalie!

3:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Career Changed Provo said...

Good Luck in school Fielder! Can't wait to hear as you progress through training.

7:22 p.m.

 
Blogger Maddie said...

Good luck Fielder!!

3:30 p.m.

 
Blogger MK said...

Awww... Turn-ins suck. Hope each day gets a little easier.

Good luck, Fielder! Make your mommy proud!

We're all keeping fingers (and paws) crossed here for the most handsome mini-poodle in training. :-)

-MK & Edgar

4:31 p.m.

 
Blogger Erin said...

Good Luck Fielder!
Heres a tissue and Lab/Poodle Kisses (which in Paul's opinion are quite as good as full poodle kisses lol)
All the way from North Carolina!!
Oh yeah and hugs from me!

8:05 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

GOOD LUCK FEILDER!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

8:56 a.m.

 
Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Good luck Fielder!! Spike sends many puppy kisses.

4:02 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home