Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Friday, September 21, 2007

UPDATE!

Well- it's been a while hasn't it. Though it wasn't intentional, I think that was the longest I've gone without blogging. I've been really really busy with school, lame as that excuse is. There are so many new things I want to talk about I probably won't get around to it all.

Life is good is the main thing I suppose. The first couple of days were pretty hellish in trying to settle into a new environment far from home and all aloney on my owney. Then I made a bunch of new friends and life got better. We got closer and closer and then suddenly things got a WHOLE lot better. It's amazing how close you can get to people you've only known for two weeks when you basically see each other 24/7. It's funny because I'm an arts kid, taking a bachelor of arts, but both my friends back home and here are all in sciences and engineering. I guess it's true what they say- opposites attract.

The crazy party people have settled down on my floor, although mine is still the second loudest party floor. I don't mind anymore though because now I actually know the people and can escape to someone else's floor if I want to.

I have yet to be bored in Halifax. My weekdays usually go like this: class, lunch, sometimes another class, dinner, a few hours for homework and then hang out with everyone until bedtime. It sounds pretty boring in writing but the days really do pass by quickly. Weekends are fun- so far we've done some exploring of Halifax, gone shopping, went on some 'adventures'. Tonight there's a boat cruise and then tomorrow we're going to Pt. Pleasant Park to chill which I'm really looking forward to- getting away from the city and all.

Classes are not too bad. Geography (natural disasaters) and psych are just lectures which are pretty boring, but english is interesting so far. French is a huge joke- the course description said it's for people who have at least grade eight to twelve in french, but we're learning the very basics that I learned in elementary school. I enjoy it though, as it's my one easy course I know I don't have to worry about. Journalism, however, is a whole different story. When I think of what I want to do as a career later in life, I can't really think of anything. All I know is that I like animals, and I like writing. I decided I might go into journalism, but it's so intense and competitive I don't know if it's the right fit for me. However, it's too late to drop courses so I guess I'll stick it out til the end and see how it goes. I can tell it'll be my most challenging course of the year, but hopefully at the end I'll know more about the profession and see if I want to continue on with it next year.

I really like Halifax so far- it's a smaller city than Toronto by far, but it's still a city, which I like. It's safe to go out at night and wander around without worrying. It's definitely a university city- there are four or five universities within close proximity to each other which I guess changes the dynamics of the city quite a bit.

It's funny how drastically things can change in a small period of time. If you had talked to me two weeks ago, I would've wanted to go home asap. And now? I don't really want to go home at all. I am loving the freedom and the lifestyle here, and am quite content with the fact that I'm not going home until Christmas. For now, life is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger 8675309 said...

Yay!! I'm glad you've settled in and things have improved. It's great to hear from you!

Truman has some college advice for you: work really hard and pay attention; try not to get too distracted; playtime is important as long as you don't get too out of control; and if the pressure gets to be too much...shuffle, shuffle, shuffle!

2:06 p.m.

 
Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Thanks for the update. Welcome to the life of a college studaent!! Isnt it great! Im glad that you are settling in well and making new friends. Glacier sends puppy kisses to birghten up your day. She likes college too altho she is skipping the next 3 weeks or so since she is in heat. ~ MeKalea & the Girls

7:25 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

;YAY that is great news!! So glad to hear it! Glad you are keeping busy and getting to know people on "quieter" floors.

5:16 a.m.

 
Blogger Brittany said...

I would like to link to your blog if that is ok. Have fun adjusting to life as a student! College can be so fun and so challenging at the same time. Have fun!

9:28 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home