Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Whining and Depression Ahead

So. University life.

I know it's way too early to judge, since it's only my second day here and my first full day in res. BUT I appear to have been placed in the dumb blonde plastic people partying/drinking dorm. While I am not against parties and don't mind attending once in a while, these people are the snobby, materialistic, trashed 24/7 kind of people- I'm sure you've all run into them at some point in your life. Somehow I can't see this stopping when school starts. Our curfew is 2, and 2 on the dot is when they'll drift away, screams lingering behind. And really, I know this makes me sound like a horrendous loser but this is a hugely different style of living. Sometimes I sleep at 11, sometimes I sleep at 12 and sometimes I sleep at 2. But I want to sleep WHEN I WANT TO and not have to listen to drunken screaming outside my door AND window (room beside the entrance facing the parking lot) until 2 every night. I guess what I'm feeling right now is trapped- I can't leave here until Christmas and literally I don't want to leave my room late at night because of all the drunken people being ridiculous outside my door. I'm sure nothing would happen to me, but it just annoys me so much that I don't even WANT to go.

All this makes me miss my old life so much more. As much as I thought I wouldn't be sad when my parents left today, I had a really crappy day yesterday and so I bawled for a very long time while they were leaving and after. Embarassing, yes. But truly I wanted to go home with them that instant and just give up. Because this SUCKS. It's nothing like I imagined it would be, and the fact that the party has to happen in my hallway every night pisses me off so much. Sometimes I just want peace and quiet.

Now I REALLY wish I had chosen a university NOT an 18 hour drive and half a country away from home while knowing NOBODY. Yeah I've made a few "acquaintances" but it's not the same as having a close or best friend with you. Feeling very very homesick and wanting to go to somehwere nice and familiar right now.

Sorry to be depressing but I needed to vent somehow and really? THIS SUCKS!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Well I am sorry to hear that university is going less than perfect for you. But glad that you finished New Moon, and maybe Eclipse to by now...I Loved Eclipse. Maybe even more than Twilight. ;)

8:59 p.m.

 
Blogger MK said...

:-( I'm sorry it sucks hardcore right now. I know exactly what you mean though...

I got stuck with 'those girls' my freshman year. They "decided" to be anorexic together. They had pregnancy scares after drunken nights etc. Ew. This school is a party school mostly... some kid even threw up outside of my apartment's quad ON BOTH SIDES last year. Ugh. There's screaming and cursing and all that stupidness often. I've found my iPod helps if you have an mp3 player of some type. Or venting in my blog. Or calling a friend from home. Or headphones and sitting at my computer watching a movie. I mean, I don't stay in all the time, but why anyone would ever want to do that to themself is beyond me...

I hope it gets better for you. Try to brush off all the obnoxious behavior as best as you can and focus on the people that have similar beliefs as you on the topic. And maybe call home every couple of days just to say hi to your mom and dad. Good luck! :-) If you want to vent, I totally can commiserate, I have AIM & msn... dazzlingstar@gmail.com is the msn addy. I'm done rambling. Haha.

10:10 p.m.

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm really sorry Natalie. This doesn't sound like any fun at all. Maybe you could invest in ear plugs? I hope things start to look up for you!
Kisses from the I's and Josette!

6:04 a.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

I'm SORRY!!! Hopefully it'll get better. I send hugs and Camry sends wiggles and kisses!!

8:37 a.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

I am so sorry Natalie! I hope that it gets better, and you start to be not so homesick! Suede sends lots of puppy kisses your way!

3:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily and the Labradors said...

Yuck! I inadvertently went to a party school an entire country away (CA to Maine)... Once things get going I bet things settle down a bit, and then you will find the people who will really be your friends. There may also be a "chem free" dorm that you could apply to next year (or even this year!). It took me about a year to really find my place, but when I did, it was wonderful!!! You will love college, but it may take a little while. Hang in there! Vent all you want! I think it is very cool that you chose a school so far away :)

4:54 p.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

Ugh, Nat! I'm sorry! I lived in the dorms all four years at UCLA (mostly because I had a great job at the front desk), and yes...dorm life can be like that, especially before the novelty of being away from mom & dad (and therefore free to party) wears off. :( Grrr. I totally get your pissed-ness about the noise until 2AM as well, as my apartment is near a college and we *still* get that all the time!

Hopefully things will calm down. And in the meantime, make some friends in your classes or extracurricular activities and leave the Barbie dolls to their fate. It might also be worth investigating those "chem free" -- or dare I say this? -- even "boy free" floors or wings of the dorm. You don't have to be a nun just 'cause you live on an all-girl floor, and it WOULD give you a nice quiet escape. :)

Love & puppy kisses from me & Truman (respectively, lol)

11:23 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Natalie. I know how it sucks to have people like that around. I'm hoping they just settle down soon and you can get some sleep at night. Good luck!!!

5:52 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home