Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Locks of Love and Lost!

One of my favourite bloggers, Liz Thompson of This Full House, has four amazing children- Thing One, Thing Two, Little Man and Mini-Me. Recently, Thing Two cut off ten inches of her hair for Locks of Love. To directly quote Liz,

Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disabled children 18 years and younger suffering form long-term medical hair loss. They meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses they provide restore self-esteem and ocnfidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

Now, Thing Two is only a few years younger than me- I can't imagine having the guts to do what she did at her age. Nor would I have done what Sam did, cutting her hair very very short for cancer. Honestly, I don't want to get mushy here, because hello? I kinda want to make you guys laugh, not bawl your eyes out, but I really admire these two people for what they have done- and I hope to do that at some point in my lifetime- in fact, Sam's promised to do it again, and we'll do it together!

Also, go visit Liz' blog- I swear, your heart must be made of stone if your heart doesn't melt at the sight of Mini-Me sporting a self-induced mohawk.

Ok, so onto a new topic: to my fellow Lost-watchers- the finale was awesome, but I have composed the following short letter to the producer of the show, J.J. Abrams:

Dearest J.J.,

So I have to admit- that was a damn good finale-mostly. It was much better than some of the previous shows, the ones mid-lateish season? I forgive you though, I understand that you had to makeM:I3 extrasapecial, you know, since good ol' Tom over there wasn't exactly helping publicity and all. The explanation of the electromagnetic field was pretty good- much simpler than I expected. I really hope Mr. Eko didn't die- he was interesting. And thank god you didn't kill off Charlie- how would I live without my favourite hobbit buddy slash ex-heroine addict? The dreams were pretty scary though- I was REALLY freaked out when Ana Lucia appeared and then started bleeding out of her FACE....and what's his name, Mr. Eko's dead friend? That was scary as hell as well. (Wait, I don't think that was the finale, but still).

The only thing I have to really say something about is the storyline with my favourite characters- Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Now I really don't think that you would kill them off, as they play a huge part in the show, and I don't think you would kill three of your msot interesting characters. BUT I can't believe I have to wait four more months to see how that turns out!!Also, I would really like Kate to end up with Jack, even though Sawyer is way hot- could you put in a good word with your writers please?

Finally, could something good please happen to Hurley for once? I felt very bad for him when Michael killed Libby just please please PLEASE do NOT bring Libby back as a bloody corpse....that was scary enough with Ana Lucia, plus I don't think that would count as a good thing for Hurley.

Keep up the good work!

Love,

Natalie and Petey

p.s. Petey says he would like to see more of Vincent/Madison on the show.

(To my regular visitors- I'm really sorry I haven't written in so long, but I have had a pretty hectic week- I promise there will be at least two more posts coming in the next few days)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home