Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, August 04, 2008

*Insert Interesting Title Here*

I cannot think of an interesting title for yet another post outlining my week so you guys will have to think creatively for this one! Shout out to Joanna though who suggested I name it either
"HELLO JOOAAAANNNNAAA!!" or "Vanessa Hudgens and the Jonas Brothers: What gives?" (The Teen Choice Awards are on and we are discussing our mutual hatred for all things HSM, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron and the Jonas Brothers)

SO! This week...what did I do? I met up with Amy on her day home from camp and we got to catch up and gossip and all that good stuff. It was a pretty uneventful day except being approached by a crazy and possibly cracked out dude at lunch at the Eaton's Centre asking for money while holding his alchohol in a LCBO (Ontario's liquor store) bag. After we said we didn't have any, he started petting Kongo. Amy had to ask him to stop several times and he didn't until she got really mad and threatened to call security. He then gave us a "Look" and walked away (I was convinced he was going to knife Amy and was scared to death). Later we saw a bunch of security guards converge on the food court but he was gone by then.
Boss (L) and Kongo (R) outside the Disney Store at Eaton's. (Possible the two cutest dogs I've ever met in my entire life- they both have the big blocky heads and puppyish looks)Boss with a Hugo Boss sign!
Look who's alive! It's Amy! (Update your blog dude!!)
One day we went to lunch downtown with my friend and her cousin. Well while we were walking from the subway station to the Jack Astor's (a ten minute walk) it started absolutely pouring and we all got drenched. I was a little afraid that they wouldn't even let us in because poor Boss looked like a drowned rat with his jacket plastered to him but thankfully we were seated and served without a single problem. We actually never had the same server twice- everyone wanted to do our table cause Boss was so cute. Instead of a tablecloth they just have a big piece of paper covering the table that you can draw on, so I drew this! (Go ahead, make fun of the extent of my drawing abilities- stick people and generic animals. That dog is also how I draw cats, lions, tigers, etc)

We have out of town friends here for the next couple of weeks and their daughter is actually going to boarding school near Toronto next year so we have been to three different malls in the past five days doing a lot of school clothes shopping and such. He spent about half the time with a Halti and half without- most of the time he's as good a heeler out of the Halti as he is in, but I put it on anyways in the name of training. He spent a lot of time looking bored like this:
And this (in the car):
And this (also in the car..the bear is actually an air freshener thing and sometimes Boss nudges it with his nose when he's bored):
Boss has been a real trooper since we have spent many many hours walking this past week and while I have been very happy with all my purchases, Boss got nothing. Poor baby...but at one of the malls we ran into another foster puppy- Capri. She was supercute and we hung out with them for a while.
Boo, I don't know why the picture turned out so blurry but here is Capri (L) sniffing Boss (R).

So that has been our week. Besides that I have been listening to Wicked and Idina Menzel (still 24/7!! Three weeks later and still not sick of it...) And my mom finally said if I could find someone to go to Detroit with me I could go to Idina's concert on Aug 7 but none of my friends like her (BOO!!!) so I can't. GRRR!

But to end on a happy note...without further ado, a picture of one of our MAIL TRUCKS!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Wow! Sheesh, look at that HUGE mail truck. :D Also, ditto on the Jonas Brothers/High School Musical hate. Ew.

9:35 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Oh my.. LARGEST MAIL TRUCK EVER!!!!!! thanks for the shout out. :) P.S. I MIGHT be stealing Boss. So look for a crazed blonde girl running down your street sometime soon.

9:39 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

P.S. And by crazed blonde girl, I mean crazed, blonde, and SHORT (so naturally stumpy!) girl running down your street to kidnap the puppy.

9:41 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Oh, sounds like a great time - Boss is so handsome. I love his "bored" look!

WOW - those are HUGE mail trucks. I think my family thought I was nuts as that was my goal in Vancouver to get a picture of a mail truck. But, it didn't happen, I was so sad - YAY life is good now that you showed us those elusive Canadian mail trucks!! he he!

I agree though - Amy should update her blog! ;)

4:33 a.m.

 
Blogger Emily and the Labradors said...

What fun you and Boss have been having! Love all the pictures... and thanks for the cultural learning moment with the mail truck. It is huge indeed!

8:01 a.m.

 
Blogger The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

I would so go with you if I lived anywhere near! I love her!! Sad. Boss is adorable have fun with him while it lasts. Man thats a huge mail truck!

11:38 a.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

I like the second title Joanna suggested. Totally agree with you guys on that one. Also, I find your drawing skills incredible. I think it looks even better then my generic dogs and stick figrues :P haha.

2:31 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home