Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Done!

I think this was my least favourite of them all- it was just so long and while Stephenie Meyer's an excellent writer, her excessive descriptions have always bugged me and I think the length of this book just exacerbated it. (And Renesmee? SERIOUSLY?? No.) But having said that, I still enjoyed it of course- it was a Twilight book after all! A lot of people have said it was too predictable, but I didn't find that. I loved the ending and thought it was very fitting and the only way she could've ended it.

In other news, I am glad you all enjoyed the picture of the mail truck so much ;) Since that post, I think Canada Post has been stalking me!! I've been seeing trucks everywhere I go. Two of the more creepy coincidences was the huge mail truck that stayed in my driveway for several minutes after delivering Breaking Dawn and one that followed me down the street as Boss and I walked to the bus stop.

We have been running into some really weird people lately, I have no clue why. There have been an inordinate amount of people scared of dogs and such, especially at Eatons yesterday. I was very proud of Boss yesterday as he walked on a loose leash and perfect heel the WHOLE day!! Even on stairs he walked right beside me and on escalators there were no attempts to run ahead. Usually we walk at a very fast pace but yesterday he was content to practise walking slowly alongside me, and I heard many passerby comment on the how well-behaved he was. Go Boss! And the funniest thing ever, we walked by Lacoste where they had a huge basketball-sized tennis ball in their window and Boss just perked right up and cocked his head like "Can I have that for Christmas????" It was so cute and made me laugh. Something that didn't make me laugh though, was the man I was talking to in some store that asked "So do you do this for a living?" Umm do I LOOK old enough to be doing ANYTHING for a living mister??? I think not. But I guess I'd rather have that than my usual "How old are you sweetie, thirteen?"

And also, I had the weirdest conversation a couple of days ago about the puppies I've ever had in my life- including the time that family thought Fielder was a stuffed animal at the end of my leash (yes he was breathing). So this lady comes up to me, points at Boss and asks me why he is wearing "that". She doesn't mention what "that" means, so I assume the Halti and start explaining. She goes "No, but what is it FOR?" Confused, I explained the Halti another two times when she interrupts and says "No, I mean the green thing-is he just wearing it for fun?" and points to his JACKET. I was literally speechless before recovering and explaining that no, the jacket identifies him as a service dog in training. WOW. I mean, read the jacket, lady!

Lastly, an outtake of our Breaking Dawn pictures, just cause Boss looks like he is winking and it is hilariously cute:

3 Comments:

Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

Unrelated to this post: Yes, thank you, you rock my sox as well. Although just so you know, plane tickets to CA are not $100 and it would also take more than a day to get here by car. But you are welcome to visit any time!

Related to this post: Yeah, not a fan of the storyline. At all.

8:28 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

That is hilarious about the lady and the jacket. I've had some interesting comments lately too.

9:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ditto on the thing about Breaking Dawn, although I still think New Moon is my least favorite. ;) The ending though, is perfection. :D

I like the story about the jacket, and the one about the man and the making a living comment. Haha. That is better than the thirteen comment though, which I get all the time as well. Like, yes people, I drive a car, have a bank account, and I am 12. Happy? Can't I just be short?

10:08 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home