Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Update!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Sam- I only wish we could have a Grey's marathon under different circumstances. Also? I didn't fall over dead! Yay! I may have to learn your skills for vomitting/passing out to "get out" of unwanted situations though *cough*piano exam*cough*
Gwiz- Sorry, but I hate KD =P (Uh oh, i'm preparing for an onslaught of angry commenters who love KD)
Joanna- haha, you're the same as Sam! Chandler, thanks for the kisses and nibbles!

So today I had to wake up at the ungodly hour of 7:30...yes, I do this normally, but this time i couldn't go back to sleep after letting Petey out. I went with my mom to the dental surgeon's office- which, coincidentally is right under her office, so instead of being driven home I take public transit back.

Anyways, the consult was very quick. Just the surgeon explaining the stuff to us, and my mom asking questions. The surgeon is pretty nice so I think that takes the edge off a little bit. Still scared to death though. He asked me where I went to school, and it turns out he lives near there, and he was complaining to me about the traffic congestion at 3:30...and he's thinking of sending his daughter there when she reaches grade 9.

We booked the surgery for August 31, only SIX DAYS before school begins!!!! This has me very worried, as I don't want to miss the first few days of my grade twelve year, and I also don't want to go to school looking like a chipmunk. (The seniors are supposed to be COOL and intimidating! Though I don't know how intimidating my 5' frame is under normal circumstances anyways). Most people I've talked to say they took four or five days to recover, but it would be just my luck to have complications and take a month. (Though hopefully not, as the surgeon said for my age and general health, there's only like a 1% chance of complications)

My mom said if I hung around the area for 2 hours, she could drive me home on her lunchtime, but I decided to take the bus. I'd practise being supercool by reading my "Wisdom Teeth Removal- Your Condition and Treatment" while everyone else read their boring Metro or 24. A little freaked out now, after reading sections such as "Risks and Complications", "Preparing for Surgery", "Anasthesia Options" and "Call Your Doctor If..." Also a bit nauseous from travelling an hour and a half on two jerky busses.

The upside of today is, this superhot guy that I usually never talk to on msn messaged me saying my display pic of Petey was cute! Score! And I asked him about his wisdom teeth experience, and he said when he was getting the surgery done, they gave him an IV, morphine shots, and a gas mask. Double score! I'm so asking for that! (As of now, I think I'm only getting the IV). He was also sent home with lotssss of Tylenol 3, so yay! Painkillers, here i come! (My mom actually told me today, before thinking of what it sounded like, to "Start practising swallowing pills" since I suck at that. So I told her to give me a bottle, and I'd start right now).

Here's me practising for being swollen (with cherry tomatoes inside my cheeks). I thought painting on some purple and yellow on my jawbone might be a bit much.
(will post when Blogger un-stupidizes) I promise it won't traumatize you for life, though Sam said it scared her and when she visits I have to wear a paper bag over my head =(

3 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Ok, to clarify Nat ... I am HORRID at actually getting out of unwanted situations ... I'm just exceptionally talented at feeling like I'm going to die throughout said situations, and then vomitting/fainting when they're finally over. (In case you're confused, I threw up in Price Club one time ... I told my mom I was sick but she thought I was trying to get out of a piano lesson. And then I was feeling really sick the day before my dental surgeon consult, but my mom made me go and I fainted on the way out of the office).

I stand behind my advice to show the picture you showed me to that 'superhot guy'.

Sam and Patience
P.S. I love KD!

10:21 p.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

KD...KD....

Kraft Dinner? Is that what it is? I'm guessing here.

Oh, you wacky Canadians! It's Kraft Macaroni & Cheese!

But since the Barenaked Ladies call it Kraft Dinner, I'll accept that. :)

11:14 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

eww Jenny! that's a month full to say "Kraft Macaroni & Cheese" everytime you want KD. you can also call it Mac & Cheese.. if you feel the need ;) hee hee I can't believe you guys call it "Kraft Macaroni & Cheese" that's just WEIRD! lol! =D

11:39 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home