Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday, Petey and I participated in an event in Oshawa. Dr. Tom Hogg, a vet and a Mason, raised $45000 for our foundation, which could sponsor SEVEN whole dogs! It was amazing to see the presentation of the cheque, and the demo done by one of the trainers and a CVC was great as well.

Petey and I went to Dee and Fortune's before so they could have a play together before we caught the train and then bus to Whitby where Joanne with Easton would pick us up.

Though Petey and Fortune were very good on the train/bus, Dee and I accidentally got off one stop too early, in Ajax, thinking that it was Whitby. So of course we were just waiting around for Joanne until this lady told us that we were actually in Ajax. (I blame this all on Dee! =P) After we figured everything out, Dee called Joanne's house and she came to pick us up in Ajax.

I laughed when I saw how this picture turned out- Fortune's eyes reminded me of another Mis(s) Fortune's!

When we got to memorial Park in Oshawa, we met up with AmyG and Echo, AmyB and Winter and Poley, LynnG with Eden, and some other dogs as well including two CVC (Canine Vision) teams. We had a great time talking with people who were interested in the foundation, and I must say Petey was a hit as one of only two small breed dogs there. Thankfully, he was well-behaved in front of one of the trainers who came to represent the school.

It was very very hot, but I kept cool with a freezie. AmyG and I jumped on one of those bouncy castles thing. The best part of that was some kid who offered to give another kid the "SuperBounce", promising that it "wouldn't hurt". Well wouldn't you know it, the kid basically just held the other kid upside down and dropped him on his head. That kid got up and siad "That hurt!" and the dropper said "Really?" and bounced away. I think that's when I had to leave from laughing too much.

I think the best part of the whole entire day, though, was when one man came up to me and Petey and asked "Is that dog going to be for a dwarf?" to which I answered "Yes, we DO get a lot of blind dwarf clients". Just kidding, I said "Nope, he'll be in Hearing Ear or Seizure Response".

We had lots and lots of fun, but we have to say that we wish Sam and Patience had been there as well. At least we both had fun on our trips, and we'll see you guys soon!

Thanks to Dr.Hogg and the Masons for supporting our school in such a great way- seven dogguides and $3000 for 30 harnessses!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

We missed you too! Don't they know you shouldn't schedule two events on the same day!

Glad you had a good time, and WOW what a wonderful vet. We have to meet this man sometime.

Sam and Patience

P.S. Congrats on FINALLY riding the GO!

12:08 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that Dr. Hogg raised so much to help so many. I laughed at the "bind dwarf" comment about Petey,that was cute!

Well keep your fingers crossed I can meet all of you on a future puppy trip.

1:26 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Ditto Sam's comments. It's nice to hear such a wonderful vet is involved.

You guys should head down this way for the Highland Games. There's all kinds of distractions: men in kilts, telephone poles being thrown around (I know they have a proper name but for the life of me I can't remember what it is!), a mass pipe band (that's the best part of the day) other dogs and lots of people.

6:54 p.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

I'm in for the bagpipes.

Sam

8:00 a.m.

 
Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:57 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home