Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Downtown Adventures

Yesterday was one of the funnest days I've had in a while. I hadn't seen Sam since Fielder's graduation THREE MONTHS ago which I think is a record for how long we've gone without a visit. So needless to say I was very excited to spend the whole day wandering around downtown Toronto with Sam, Wylie and Boss yesterday.
After finishing a round of the Eaton's Centre within half an hour we stood there at a loss as to what else we could do. Being the very indecisive people we are (Jo, reminiscent of the day at Disneyland going 'What ride do you wanna go on?' 'I dunno, what ride do you wanna go on' :P), we ended up wandering around outside for awhile before Sam took out her GPS and we set out to find geocaches.
Let's just say we weren't very successful, although it was a lot of fun. We ended up walking to the SkyDome (recently redone by Rogers and renamed the Rogers Centre but I refuse to call it that):

the CN Tower (the little black specks would be the dogs):a park by the CBC building where the puppies took a break (I think Wylie's trying to tell me she doesn't want to be photographed):and finally, the Hockey Hall of Fame (again, Wylie with the sticky out tongue):

We then stopped for lunch, where Boss helped Sam with her banking.

Through the course of the day, we had several interesting conversations with people about the program and the puppies. All you puppy raisers know the "routine" Q&A we normally have, but today we managed to run into and have rather long conversations with people who had different questions. Amongst these were a couple from England who raised eight dogs for GDBA (my personal favourite of the day), a lady who wanted to leave her estate to Dogguides, some very enthusiastic Disney store employees ("Feel free to come back whenever you want!!! The puppies are more than welcome here!" :)) and two friends, one who fell in love with Wylie and the other who was insistent that Boss was going to attack him (while the big goof was lying bellyup for a quick snooze).

We finished off the day with a quick visit to Dee's to see West, Wylie's brother. It was quite fun and the three puppies had tons of fun chasing each other around the backyard.


And lastly, a cute one of winking Wylie:

At the end of the day, I was exhausted ( since I woke up at the early, early hour of 9), and we had walked for 6 hours all around downtown although I couldn't have had a better time talking and laughing with Sam. Yay for awesome reunions!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Yay! Good times, for sure. We were all very happy to see you yesterday!

My apologies for the sorry attempt at geocaching ... we'll do a caching trip sometime soon.

Are your legs as sore as mine from all that walking? Well worth it though. :)

P.S. I hate your picture of me. The dogs are much more photogenic.

1:05 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Sounds like a fun day!! And how could I forget our indecisive day at Disneyland?? haha, ohhhh dear. Thank goodness Jenny came to save us for those few hours. :)

4:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

That looks/sounds like fun! Glad you guys had a fun time together. :D

4:38 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home