Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Goodbye My Friend...It's Not the End...

I had gone home with my friend to Cape Breton for the weekend and we were at her brother's basketball tournament when I got the call.

The school had called my house and since I wasn't there, my mom was the one who got the news- Fielder would be graduating Thursday night.

My mom called me after and I actually screamed when I heard her say "Fielder's graduating this Thursday- can you make it home?" I knew I'd do whatever it took to make it home for the graduation so I told her to go ahead and book the tickets.

The past few days have been insane- grad still doesn't feel very real even though I'll be there in FIVE hours. Admittedly, I've been a tad of a psycho emotional wreck and my poor friends have no idea what's going on. Thankfully, I've had you guys to rant to. I actually hadn't even told many of my friends that I was going home for Fielder's grad because although they understand the whole fostering thing, they don't really GET it, you know? It's weird to talk to them about it and most of the time it feels like they don't even really care. Which is why I am so grateful for this blog and of course, real life fostering friends.

Now grad is in four and a half hours- it's weird but I almost don't want it to come, because it means the end of my part in Fielder's life. I am so glad that he is graduating and that he is changing someone's life for the better, but selfishly, that means I really have to let him go now and I don't know if I'm ready for that.

Wow this post is not turning out to be very happy so I'm just going to leave it at that. Tonight's going to be very bittersweet I think, but it will be an EXTREMELY special grad- we know five of the graduating dogs, a lot of our foster family friends will be there to celebrate with us, and most special of all- Cliff and Fielder will be graduating together- a double graduation Samysnat style!!

Don't you worry, I'll be sure to have a long post with lots of pics up tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

I am going to see you in an hour and a half!!!!!!!!! BWAHHHHH (that was my weirdly excited scream).

2:10 p.m.

 
Blogger Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures of Fielder's graduation!!

2:37 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home