Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Kid, You'll Move Mountains"

As our teachers stepped up one by one to read from Dr. Seuss's "Oh the Places You'll Go", we sat in the chapel reflecting on our impending graduation...and then at the last paragraph, burst into tears together.

Last night was commencement, and it was beyond awesome. I somehow walked down the stairs to my seat and also across the stage without tripping. However, me being me, I managed to get in one last spectacularly embarassing moment in before the night was over. After the actual ceremony, during picture time, a group of friends and I were gathering around our music teacher for a picture. Somehow I failed to register the HUGE piano case thingy on the floor, and tripped right over it and fell on my butt. By some miracle my teacher managed to grab me by the hand as I went down and pulled me back up so I did sort of a bounce thing. Like a kangaroo. In front of all my family, friends, and their families. Go me!!

So now I'm officially a high school graduate. And I must say, it kinda sucks. My school was my second home, and it was the most tight-knit community ever. Four years of kilt wearing, and seeing how many uniform infractions one could get away with at one time. Four years of trips, concerts, performances, some prety entertaining catfights in the caf (complete with screaming and punching), and just generally hanging out. Four years of making the most amazing friends one could ask for, and countless memories.

Yes, it was an all girls school, and sometimes that just plain sucked, but for the most part it was the best high school experience I could ever ask for. No boys around meant we could be as silly and stupid and makeup-less as we wanted to. Over and over again we were told that this experience was special, that we as young women would go out and change the world. I don't think that hit home until last night- looking around at the 200 girls I've spent the last four years of my life with, I know that amazing things will come from this class because that's just the sort of people they are.

It's been an incredible four years, something impossible to sum up in words. Congrats and good luck ladies, WE DID IT!!!!!!!

So...
Be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea
you're off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting!
So get on your way.....

5 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

Congratulations on graduating high school!

I always wondered what it would be like to go to an all girls high school...

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next! Graduating HS is a big deal. It amazes me how many people haven't.

-MK

PS- awww, you didn't walk with Fielder? :-p

11:05 a.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Geez... way to make a highschool graduate even more depressed!!! Haha. congrats though. :)

12:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! What a great experience - and so ful of fun memories.

3:24 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily and the Labradors said...

Congratulations! One of the great parts of my job (as a high school teacher)is that I get to go to graduation every year! I love seeing the "kids" moving on to their new lives! Where will you and Fielder be heading next?

5:09 p.m.

 
Blogger Erin said...

WOOOHOOO!!!!!! NO MORE SCHOOL FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER! !!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

9:26 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home