Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Crazy

This is NUTS- we're all psychotic, we really are. Why do we even do this....we get puppies for a year, make them the most important things in our lives, housebreak them, socialize them, fall in love with them....and then give them back.

Ever since Petey was a teeny little puppy, people have been asking me: "Aren't you going to miss him? How are you going to give him back?" And I reply with the standard "Well it's for a good cause, and you know what you're getting into....besides, you just get a new puppy after!" You promise yourself you're not going to love the puppy with your whole heart- you know he's not "yours". But logic never does control the heart or the emotions, really. Petey is my first dog, and everyone says the first is the hardest to let go of. Though it's not as bad as I thought it would be, it's still the saddest I've been in a VERY long time.

This sucks.

5 Comments:

Blogger 8675309 said...

I'm sorry, sweetie. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow and in the coming days. Give wee Fielder lots of extra hugs and kisses and belly rubs...those black poodle-y types are especially good for wiping mascara streaks off your face....

9:07 p.m.

 
Blogger Mickelle said...

Get online later and we'll give you some therapy! Nat, hugs and tail wags always help! I promise it gets better and the best part is when you get those reports on how they are doing and the "graduation" call.. just keep looking towards the goal of graduation! It's SO cool!
Mickelle

9:30 a.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

GOOD LUCK PETEY!!! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!

11:36 a.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Oh man Nat,I'm so sorry. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow! Spend LOTS of time with Fielder, he'll make you feel better. The joys of overlapping!!! Give Petey a big hug for me. I'll miss hearing updates on him!

4:40 p.m.

 
Blogger dee said...

Nat,

You did a wonderul job with your first foster pup. It never does get easier with the second, third or what number of pups you do. It's true the first is always the hardest to let go.

Petey will be fine in University as you did a great job socializing him and teaching him his basics.

Well done Nat.

Dee with Whim

7:50 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home