Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Senior At Last

Two days into my last year of high school, I feel.....completely the same? Just a billion times more freaked out than normal.

Unlike many of my classmates, yet like so many others, I don't want to leave. I really, REALLY don't want to leave. This is comfortable. This is where I've spent the majority of my last three years, where I've made some of the best friends of my life, established myself in a community, enjoy the ups and downs (mostly) of a familiar setting, among many other things.

I actually love my school, despite how often I complain about the all-girls, uniform-wearing thing. The awesome thing is, even if you look like crap when you roll out of bed, who even cares? It's ALL GIRLS. You don't have to go through the makeup thing every morning, and you don't even have to stress about what to wear. And I am actually publicly admitting right now that I don't even mind the kilt. That much. Whole different story for stupid pants though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to Grade 12. It's out senior year after all, we rule the school. We get grad wear, trips, special privileges, among other things. But then you have all the stress about the workload, the getting into university, the marks, the sheer cost of everything put together.

Everything is a whole lot more serious now, with teachers teaching"university skills", and warning you to drop the class if you're not into it, because things are way intense this year. But luckily, I got mostly really good teachers, so at least that will help a bit.

Plus, I've got one entirely too adorable puppy on my side, and another on the way. And that, I think will be the best stress-reliever of all. Unless the new puppy and Petey don't get along. Then that will be very, very bad. But we are not thinking about that right now. No we are not.

p.s. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't seem to get over this Steve Irwin is dead thing. Probably doesn't help I'm obsessively following all the news stories and watching all the tributes and intending to tape the marathon Discovery is going to air. But anyways, one of my favourite blogs, Amerika Street, posted one of the best tributes to Steve ever. If I wasn't before, I'm definitely a little bit in love with Erik now. (Words in red are the links)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Wow. Senior year. It's been a big change for me too, mostly because all my really great friends graduated this past year. I'm almost back at the drawing board, trying to make new friends. I have a few that have stuck with me for the three years I've been there, but it's SO weird being old! I look around and think, I don't feel old. Do I look old to all the other people? And the answer is yeah, you do. Some little freshman waved to me today. I don't know his name. But I smiled and waved back. Being a senior is fun. :)

10:16 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home