Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Little Tidbits

Today we went to the mall:

The Good: Petey again heeled very well and he also is confident on escalators. When he was younger he wasn't fond of them, and until recently he would still hesitate a little, especially on the ones going down. I guess he was scared because he couldn't see where it dropped off to. But now he'll step on and wait beside me. (Another of his problems was trying to dart ahead of me). Yay Petes!

The Bad: Guess who had a little meltdown in the pet store when they couldn't play with the kittens. No, it wasn't me. He also started barking at the dogs when they started barking. This was weird as he has been in this store many times, and he's never barked at the other dogs or tried to play with the kittens before. In the end, he calmed down, but we'll be working on that.

The Annoying: When my sister came out from the theater (we were picking her and her friend up from the movies-apparently Pirates 2 is scarier than the first one in case you were wondering), she saw Petey and started going "Petey! Petey!" which distracted him. I told her that he was working and she should stop doing that. (Very nicely- I would never ever have said "Shut up stupid!!! You know you're not supposed to do that!" No, Never.) And when we got outside and she rudely said "What, is he working NOW?", I definitely did not say "What do you think dummy". ( I did say it under my breath, so my mom wouldn't catch me. Not that I did say it). Like, hello!!! He clearly still has his jacket on, and I know you're just asking to piss me off!

The Growing Upness: We bought Petey a new collar today because he has grown out of his second one. We tried to stick to his colour theme of blue, but they didn't have a blue one, so I got a teal one.

The Embarassing: When we went home, Petey and I were playing in the backyard. I was chasing him around in circles and I wasn't looking at where I was going. So I nearly crashed into the laundry pole, facefirst. Luckily, my neighbours weren't in their yards, so nobody saw how embarassingly close I came to smashing my face in. Twice.

The Cuteness: My god, the cuteness; it's killing me!

4 Comments:

Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:05 p.m.

 
Blogger Jen said...

I don't know what your training standards are, but might want to be careful with escalators. I know CCI does NOT allow them because the pups have gotten their paws stuck before (i'm thinking it's not a pretty sight). Totally understand if that's one of the things you guys gotta teach them, but just wanted to warn you to watch the little paws. Wouldn't want to see a pup get hurt. Congrats on the successful outings though :)

5:23 p.m.

 
Blogger Natalie said...

CCI puppy girl,

Yes, that is something that we're supposed to teach them. I understand your concern for the paws, and you're right about the warning. I do watch for Petey's paws. One thing we do to help is start walking a bit before the end of escalators so they don't startle at the end or not move and get caught.

Thanks for your concern and comment! =D

Nat

p.s. Amber, yes i'm sure you *never* do that ;) haha

6:27 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Ha ha Nat.. your so stupid! I can't believe you did that. =D

2:59 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home