Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tip of the Day

Don't skip class because karma will most definitely get you back.

Last night we had a big snowstorm, followed by rain and very cold temperatures so today the road conditions were awful- half slush, half ice all covered in snow, so the police were warning people to stay off the roads. As such, the university closed until 11:30 am. Guess what time my classes start? 11:30 am. I didn't mind going to my Animal Behaviour class because it's my favourite, but seeing as how it was disgusting outside and no one had really shown up to class anyways, I decided to skip my other class of the day because I hate it.

BAD IDEA. My computer (whose name is Helga) completely flipped out when I got back; none of my programs were responding and everything kept freezing. So I restarted my computer about twenty times and uninstalled and reinstalled MSN which seemed to be causing the most trouble. Nothing. Worked. I ran a scan every time I restarted and checked some nerd forums for solutions and basically nothing happened until the thirtieth time I restarted/scanned about eleven hours later. So that was a fantastic way to spend my day. (Disclaimer: I don't actually believe that the fact that I skipped one class caused my computer to implode and fake death, but seriously- thanks for the heart attack, Helga!)

I guess according to this post it wouldn't be wise to skip class again tomorrow, but my friends and I are all doing it to watch the inauguration. In my defense, Helga, it is a historical event that is way more important than one silly Lit class. If I don't blog again for awhile, cross your fingers it's not because my computer hates my life and tried to teach me a lesson.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Fingers crossed!

So that was why you kept signing in but not talking to me today ... I was worried. Glad everything is ok though.

And I definitely skipped both classes today to go to puppy class. :P My as-yet nameless computer was still nice to me though.

10:11 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

three things.

1) I love how much posting you're doing. It's making my heart so happy!

2) Boo on Helga. I'm glad you got it fixed though!!!

3) I'm jealous you get to watch the inaguaration. I'll be at work and will have to watch it later. Let me know how it goes. :)

Okay 4 things) We need to sit down and seriously discuss this summer. :)

6:29 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home