Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Surprise Visit

On Thursday night, Sam asked if I was busy the next day. Thankfully I was not, so we got to see Sam and meet FRIDAY!!! Seriously guys, I know she looks adorable and tiny in pictures- she is even MORE adorable and TINIER in person!!! I wanted to stick her in my bag and take her home with me but that wouldn't have gone over well with Sam.
We met up at the Eaton's Centre (surprise, surprise :P) after a few mishaps. I called what I thought was Sam's cell three times and reached three different people and then finally got Sam. We brought the pups over to the christmas tree as per tradition and uh... attempted to take pictures. I got one good one of Bea but when we tried for both pups, it didn't really work out. It was hilarious though, especially when some woman offered to take a picture of the four of us and she said it was really nice but then I checked it and we were all blurry. Oh well, it was very nice of her to offer anyways.



Friday and Bea were troopers but are both still quite young, so they were pooped shortly after lunch. We took a little nap break where Friday tried to curl up with Bea but Bea moved away before either Sam or I could snap a picture. She eventually got pretty close though!

We trekked through the mall for awhile, but ended up being bored so we visited Missy who is puppysitting Kongo, Amy's other dog. When Bea first came, she spent a lot of time wandering around looking for Kongo, so I thought it would be a nice reunion for the two of them. Don't you know it, Bea sniffs Kongo once and runs off to play with Etta who is closer to her in age and size.We stayed for a little bit, and then Sam had to catch her train home. Lucky us, there was a snow storm that day so we ran through the wind and icy snow to the train station. After Sam left, we ran to the subway station and caught our train as well. Thanks to a malfunctioning signal light, the snowstorm and a bus that took 45 minutes to get to my station, what should've been a one hour trip home turned into two and a half house! Grrr but Bea was a little troooper and slept the whole time so she got some peanut butter and kibble when we got home. Needless to say, she then passed out for a very long time.
Despite all the transit issues, we had a very fun time seeing Sam again after four months of being apart and can't wait to visit her and Friday again tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Sam's disclaimers:

1) Friday is NOT tiny. She is enormous, and is going to grow up to be 90 lbs. I have had enough tiny pups, it's time for a big one.

2) As per usual, Natalie manages to post the worst pictures of me. I did give her permission this time, but that was before remembering that my face was grossly swollen from getting my wisdom teeth out. In fact, I had not actually realized that it was that swollen until seeing the picture as I try to avoid mirrors. So please just ignore my face and focus on the adorable puppies instead. Thank you.

Regardless, I enjoyed the day - thanks for joining us Nat and Beasley!

9:40 p.m.

 
Blogger Elizabeth and Peyton said...

It looks like a super fun reunion. That blurry picture made me crack up. It was very sweet of the woman to take your picture, but... ;)

10:50 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Oh how fun - what adorable puppies. Looks like you guys had a great time! YAY!

4:55 a.m.

 
Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

I'm loving that blurry photo.

AHH Beasley is so big! I bet she's fun to snuggle up with, she looks like a giant slipper! Except that I don't think slippers have curly black hair. Oh well.

9:16 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Awww they're sooo cute!!!
And Sam you look fine =)
Some time next week we all HAVE to go see Marley and Me!!!

7:55 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home