Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Matching Day

Also known as "How I Remain a PR Nerd Despite Not Having a Puppy"

Sam and I realized a while ago that we have the same shirt from Dogguides and so we decided to wear it on the same day. I had forgotten mine at home last semester, so this time I made sure to bring it back to school with me and today we had Matching Day!
Here I am in my awesome shirt! Lesson of the day: It is ridiculously hard to take pictures of yourself in a mirror. I have about thirty outtakes, and this one is where I just got frustrated with everything and decided to make faces at the camera instead: It's hard to go from being involved with the program and having a puppy to only hearing of events and other peoples' puppies, so when I get lonely from being puppyless I look at my doggies and they never fail to make me smile.Not only do they represent guide dogs, they are very special to me because of who they came from. The GDB puppy was a present from Sam while she was in San Rafael doing her internship and the puppy on the right is a "Fielder" from Amy B that has a handmade HED jacket which Amy G helped with, so seeing them reminds me of some of my favourite people in the world. (And yes, they live on my textbooks. Actually, all my other textbooks had to move to other places so GDB puppy and Fielder could have a cozy, educational home).
When I was removing the tag from the GDB puppy, I realized it said Douglas and I actually laughed out loud thinking of Emily's Douglas. (Notice my animal behaviour textbook chilling in the background...best course EVER)So cute! I love the little logo and how it says "Working DO NOT PET" on the jacket. Speaking of which, I got a Christmas e-mail from Fielder's handler and he is doing very well! Good to know 'my' baby is loved and working away happily.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Yay for Matching Day ... everyone be sure to check out my blog later tonight for the other half of the story.

4:27 a.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Aw, how cute - what a great way to remember good things. :)

4:32 a.m.

 
Blogger Emily and the Labradors said...

You are such a puppy nerd ;) I love the puppies... so cute! And I can't believe the black lab is named Douglas. Guess I know what I am ordering now...

6:36 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home