Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Fielder the Teenage Drama Queen

Though he is nowhere near as crazy/hormonal as Petey was at six months (to be fair though, Fielder was neutered and Petey wasn't), he still has his moments.

Today we were practising with commands and such, and he was doing them fine. Sit, down, stay, wait, leave it, stay, down, wait, sit, sit, stay...

And then we got to down...where he had done it perfectly the last couple of times, this time he gave me the most petulant look I have ever seen out of a dog, as if he was above doing down.

"I said Down Fielder" ....no..? After I stared him down for a few seconds, he finally gave in, but instead of doing his normal downward slide to the floor, he literally THREW himself down, and flattened out with his back legs frogging out and his chin on the floor as if to say "FINE! I'll do it....but? I'M NOT GOING TO LIKE IT"

And then I laughed.

When did you want him Jo? ;) June 29th!!

2 Comments:

Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:24 p.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Oh, Juneau and I still battle over "Down" as well!
When she finally gives in, she throws herself down as well, and then continues on rolling right over expecting a belly rub.

9:04 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home