Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

From Really Bad to Really Good

So last night our furnace broke down. You might ask, how cold would it be overnight without heat in the middle of a bitter Canadian winter, with an ongoing temperature of -30 degrees celsius and a 2 week long extreme cold warning alert.
The answer would be REALLY FLIPPING COLD. So everyone had to bundle up extra before going to bed (personally, I had on my regular pyjamas, plus a sweater and two pairs of socks, not to mention an extra blanket.) Not only were the humans freezing, something had to be done about our mini menagerie too. The dogs got their little fleece jackets put on, Skye's cage was covered in sweaters, and um...my mother wrapped a scarf around the fish tank. Yeah, I know...don't even ask.
Then today after lunch, my mom took me and my sister and the dogs to Vaughan Mills to shop (if any of you ever come to Toronto, I definitely recommend going there- we never run into any problems with them about the dogs). While we were out, the furnace was fixed, thank god.
At the mall I was in a fairly bad mood as someone gave me their cold a few days ago, and I didn't want to be walking around the mall for hours all sniffly while hauling around Petey and Fielder.

HOWEVER, that is when we walked past a store and who should be inside but one of my favourite hockey players ever- Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Wade Belak- signing autographs. Of course I had to go in and get an autograph, plus he petted Petey which means I will never bathe him again. It was AWESOME. It really is too bad he's already married...with two kids..and two dogs...but whatevs.
When he asked for my name, I actually forgot it, and was like "umm.........Natalie!" It was terrific.

In other news, Fielder had his first ever accident in the mall today- he pooped, but I totally blame it on the random guy from Bass Pro Shops who jinxed us by saying "Have fun! Don't poo on the floor!" He also asked if Petey and Fielder were "brother and sister" Umm...no.

So overall, not a bad day...although the stupid furnace breaking down did NOTHING to help my cold, which, in fact, got worse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

Excuse me? Did you say a scarf around the fish tank? AHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! that one actually made me laugh out loud.

4:47 p.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

HAHAHA!

Well I must say that all my laughing at this post has made my bad day much better.

Sam

6:33 p.m.

 
Blogger thepuppyraiser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:52 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home