Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Puppy Assessment Success!

This morning I woke up superearly, and my parents and I drove into Oakville for Fielder's 9 month assessment, which was walking through downtown Oakville, up and down open stairs, over grates, etc. Also there were Fielder's bestest sibs Anorexic Fawn and Fairy with Kelsey and Tina. In addition we had two minis from another litter, Dante and Diego, a breeding program stud, Finney, and two black labs Envy and Gilby, Juneau's friends from university(she's a popular little girl)!

I'm very pleased to say that besides a bit of pulling, Fielder did very well, as did every other dog that was there. We had a great walk on a beautiful morning, although Fielder did attempt to throw himself off the bridge a couple of times.

The best part though, was after, when Sam came to visit us. Fielder was very excited to see his favourite godmommy. I don't believe Sam will need to wash her face tonight. I also got to visit with Calvin and Patience!! It was so awesome, as I hadn't seen Calvin since June and Patience since December. The best part was their both actually recognizing me, and Calvin jumped up for a hug :)

It's been a crazy emotional week- on Sunday, my friend's dad died after a long battle with cancer, and on Wednesday, another friend was hospitalized after passing out at school for a possible stroke, and then topped off today with the announcement that the HED program is in need of poodles and the minis may be recalled as soon as 10, 11 months which would be June-July for Fielder. Having a fun morning with Kelsey and Sam and visiting Cal and Patty was the perfect stress relieving ending to an insane week :) Sam, thanks for taking me for a nice visit with my favourite godbabies! See you in June Cally!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

"Superearly" HA! You don't know what early is.

Anyway, it was awesome to see you guys again. Sorry it couldn't be for longer.

Also sorry to hear about the bad week. That sucks. However, as I said, don't worry about the recall until you actually get the call - you never know what will happen, so you could end up with him longer. (And if not, you can always borrow my mouse dog :)! )

Hope to see you again soon,
Sam

8:09 p.m.

 
Blogger Erin said...

Natalie that does not count as pulling...its more tugging when you are Fielders size!!!

ha HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

9:04 a.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

anyone would wonna throw themselves over a bridge if you were their owner!! ha haha j/ks ;) <3

Sorry to hear 'bout yer bad week but I'm glad u had a good day! YAY FOR FEILDERS GOOD ASSESSMENT!!

3:19 p.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

Early turn-in? Bummer...

We are having quite the opposite happen at GDA. We've got more pups than room in the kennels and trainers to train them at the moment, so everyone's keeping them out a bit longer. It's good AND bad -- the extra maturity helps, the additional attachment is hard. :(

Fielder is such a cute little stinker! Very fierce!

11:13 p.m.

 
Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'll add you to my links if you don't mind.

So, how old is Fielder?

5:25 p.m.

 
Blogger Natalie said...

He's 8 months :)

3:03 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home