Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Petey

I'm very sorry to say that Petey has been dq'd. The call came yesterday, and of course I was bawling after. The reason was "food possessiveness" which REALLY surprised me as he never had that problem at all at home, and as far as I know, at any of his puppysitters' either. I'm chalking it up to kennel stress as I can't think of anything else that would suddenly trigger the problem.

I was pretty upset yesterday but better today. I've come to the realization and conclusion that he would never be mine again anyways (we are not adopting him back for personal reasons) so all I can do is hope and pray for him to get a new perfect family that falls in love with him ( not that that is a hard thing to do) and that he lives out a long, healthy, and most important of all happy life. And that the new family keeps in touch with us. **fingers crossed**
So best of luck to you little buddy, and hope to hear from you soon. I love you SO much <3

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Natalie-
I'm so sorry to hear about Petey. I know dogs often do things we never thought they would because of the different environment. You did such a great job with him and whoever ends up with him will be really lucky!

Sending you lots of labbie wiggles from the I's!

4:19 p.m.

 
Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Nat, I'm REALLY sad to hear that!! <3 Petey is a VERY lovable little guy and any family will fall madly in love with him. He'll make a great pet for a VERY lucky family!!
You did your best Nat, it just wasn't ment to be.
Finger crossed they keep in touch * <3

LOTS and LOTS of love from Blackstock to you guys <3

5:48 p.m.

 
Blogger Jake and Joanna said...

:( :( Again, SOOOO sorry Nat. :( I hope his new family keeps in touch with you!!!!!

5:49 p.m.

 
Blogger 8675309 said...

So sorry, Nat. All I can do is offer the same sentiments as everyone else... You did a GREAT job with Petey, and I know there's a perfect home waiting for him somewhere.

One of my fellow puppy raisers said something really helpful to me on Lomax's turn-in day. She said, "You've done your best, and now it's his decision. And whatever he decides will be the best thing for him."

Much love to you & the Petester & the Fielder, from me and a very sassy little yellow dog in Los Angeles.

9:24 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Hugs Nat. I'm sorry to hear Petey was DQ'd. Hold you head high and be proud of the hard work and effort you put into raising Petey.

See ya next month ;-))
Lisa and Future Dog Guide Jive

2:50 p.m.

 
Blogger L^2 said...

Hi Natalie,
Like everyone else has said, I'm so sorry to hear about Petey. You did a wonderful job with him. And the new family who ends up with your adorable boy will be very lucky to have him.
hugs,
Laura, Willow and Stella

7:37 p.m.

 
Blogger Liz said...

Oh, I am so sorry, sweetie - I agree with everyone - you did such a great job.

Hugs,

Liz & Doofus-dog!

2:10 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home