Welcome to Puppies and Life! This blog is about my life as a teenage puppy raiser...enjoy!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy IWYPRS Day!

International Wear Your Puppy Raising Shirt Day was a great success judging by the 50 confirmed guests on Facebook and the number of posts that have gone up! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts and proudly wearing my shirt around today. It was very interesting testing where to put the camera and running back while it was on timer in order to actually get pictures of the shirt, but it was tons of fun.

We begin the day with some last minute reviewing (read: cramming) for my Canadian Lit midterm...very exciting life of a student.I think I did fairly well on the exam, so after lunch it was back to the computer to send out resumes for summer jobs. (Don't mind my laundry rack in the back, I just did a load of laundry last night and have yet to complete my least favourite part of the process- folding and putting away the clothes)

Nothing really eventful happened today, so I want to take this opportunity to announce something I am VERY excited about! On April 26, Sam, my friend Katie and I will be in Rochester, NY to see the touring production of RENT!!!!!!! It features my loves original Broadway cast members Adam Pascal (the green dude) and Anthony Rapp (in blue). I am so beyond excited for this, I don't even have words to express it. As anyone who knows me knows, I just love this musical and the messages it espouses- no day but today, and accepting everyone for who they are. Absolutely cannot WAIT!I ended the day as I have for the past couple of days- Sam, being my hero, sent me her copy of "Without You- A Memoir of Love, Loss and the Musical RENT", Anthony Rapp's memoir. Seeing as how it wasn't to be found anywhere in Toronto and Halifax, I've pretty much been on a reading rampage since I got it. Thanks a billion Sam! Hopefully we can get it signed at the stage door in Rochester!My shirt ended its day in the emptyish hamper after an exciting day of being out on the town. I love IWYPRSD and can't wait to do it again next year!!!

On another note, I'm leaving tomorrow for Biloxi, Mississippi with my school's chapter of Habitat for Humanity. We're going to a build site where some of the houses have not been touched since Hurricane Katrina hit- we'll literally be the first ones to be inside after the families evacuated. I am so excited to be a part of this trip, and hope to help make a real difference in some peoples' lives. I'll be back next Sunday with lots of stories and pictures!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa and pups said...

Oh YAY!!!! Dang, I wish I had a timer on my camera. I think I could have compensated for everyone elses' serious lack of picture taking capabilities! HA HA. YAY for such a great day! Kudos to you and Sam for thinking of such a fun event to bring everyone together.

6:01 a.m.

 
Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

Yay for IWYPRS DAY! I'm very late following up, but thanks for participating ... and for coming up with the idea for the original event!!

Just wanted to ask if it would be ok to steal a pic and/or link this post on the website.

Anyway, hope you're having lots of fun in Mississippi, though I also wish you'd hurry up and get home cause I miss you lots. :(

9:27 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home